It is often the eternally forgotten, but SEO is essential for the success of an ecommerce. Don't underestimate its power. It helps achieve a goal that seems simple, but is crucial: for your client to find you. There is a tendency to invest considerable sums of money in Ads, but working the organic positioning It is, in many cases, the most profitable option. Below we tell you the main SEO mistakes that you should avoid to improve your positioning.
Brands sometimes make a series of mistakes that negatively affect their visibility and digital performance. Let's explore the main SEO mistakes to maximize the potential of search engines.
5 SEO mistakes that you should avoid to improve positioning
Although it sounds very basic, you can beat many of your competitors by avoiding these simple mistakes, thus improving your positioning.
- Not analyzing the keywords in your sector in depth: One of the most common mistakes made in SEO is not doing extensive word research. If we do not know what keywords your potential customers are using to search for similar products or services, it is very difficult to optimize the content of your website effectively. Therefore, research and select relevant keywords most in demand by your direct competition and make sure to include them in the titles, descriptions and content.
- Using tags and meta tags incorrectly: We are sure you have heard of H1, H2, etc., right? Well, although it may not seem like it, these tags and meta tags play a decisive role in the optimization of your ecommerce and website. To earn points in search engines, be sure to use them to highlight the key places on your website and organize your content. You can also optimize them by including the title tag and description and using relevant keywords and CTAs that are as seductive as possible.
- Low quality or irrelevant content: Nowadays many professionals resort to tools such as ChatGTP or other AI applications to develop texts for your web pages. You have to be very careful with this practice, since not only is it not beneficial, but it Google and similar sites They can penalize you.
Search engines increasingly value original, useful and relevant content for users. Always avoid duplicate content, plagiarism (never cut and paste) and automatic content generation using these mentioned tools. And instead, be creative and generate valuable content that answers your potential client's questions and needs. And be sure to keep it updated.
- Lack of technical optimization: Loading speed, a friendly URL structure, properly indexing pages and optimizing them for their mobile version... There are many technical aspects to take into account and ignoring them can be very expensive. Always make sure your website and ecommerce are optimized to provide a satisfactory browsing experience.
- Forgetting to include internal and external links: These links help search engines index and understand the content of your web page. Furthermore, having quality external links reinforces the authority and credibility of your page. In addition to always including them in your content, work on building quality links to other relevant and authoritative websites.
SEO, or organic positioning, is a continuous process that requires time and effort. It is a key step to have a solid presence on Google, something that multiplies the visibility of your page. Attracting qualified traffic that translates into conversions and sales success is one of the key steps to the success of any project.
Avoid these common mistakes that we have analyzed in this article and work to improve your SEO strategy. Soon your ecommerce will become more visible, you will attract more visitors and you will get better results in search engines. And you already know: if you need help, call mid-rocket